Wednesday 15 June 2011

The Joys Of Camping

Camping - a beautiful British tradition. A tradition that I've had the pleasure of experiencing twice this year already, and with another trip on the horizon I just thought I'd let you know how the first attempts went.

Camping has always been a huge part of my life, although my experience is more in caravanning than camping. I'm no stranger to the great outdoors, and even with a phobia of the dark and creepy crawlies, I do quite well.

The first camping trip of the year was with The Boy, a nice quiet weekend away in the heart of Snowdonia National Park.


Our little two man tent created the perfect love nest, even if there was a little lovers tiff putting it up :s


Camping wouldn't be complete without a cosy camp fire. I'm much better at keeping the fire going than The Boy - Girl power!


Aww so cute! And oh so tasty!


Couldn't get more British - Camping - Beer - Union Jack Flag - Bog roll!


The second camping trip was a spare of the moment job in a friends back garden. Random but so much fun.


A well earned glass of wine after putting up an eight man tent in the rain!


More wine!


And more wine! 

Camping in the back garden was much messier than camping in a field - We all managed to stand in dog poo en route to the loo in the house!

What have I learned from my camping trips? Wine is a must, Camp fires are a must, No dogs allowed, and you can't go wrong with a BBQ - unless you under cook the sausages!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. ROFL!!! watching this makes me happy I go camping with a trailer with a running toilet lol!!

    ReplyDelete