Saturday 11 December 2010

Let the festivities begin!

Christmas is nearly here!!!!!

Holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming :) :) :)

If I ignore the fact that I'm working 11 hour days right up until Christmas Eve then I couldn't be happier.

I witnessed the 'Coca Cola' truck in Liverpool, complete with carol singers and fake snow.

My Christmas tree is up and as of today I can officially say I have completed my Christmas shopping. Yes I did it all in one day, well apart from the boys presents (because he was with me) but I'll sort that asap.

We spent the day walking hand in hand through the enchanting old worldly streets of York, listening to street performers playing 'Fairytale of New York' and smelling chestnuts roasting on a open fire.

Quite surprisingly I managed to get all my shopping done without having a freak out. Usually I get all stressed about what to buy people, but this years Christmas shopping was a doddle and very very enjoyable.

Speaking earlier of my 11 hour days at work, you'd think I'd be tearing my hair out by now at the Christmas songs they have on repeat, but I love them! Love love love them! Although it is rather embarrassing when people catch me belting out a bit of Mariah or Wham.

There is a new Christmas song on the scene in Britain this year and I think it is absolutely beautiful. I just can't stop listening to 'Christmas Lights' by Coldplay. I think it's rather Pogues - esque myself. Check it out and let me know what you think. It's beautiful!


Well as long as my long days at work don't destroy my Christmas spirit, I shall be spending my evenings watching lovely Christmas films like Love Actually, The Holiday and It's a wonderful Life... to name a few, and hopefully I will be getting my nose stuck into my Christmas book, 'The Gift' by Cecelia Ahern. I got that particular book as a present last year, or maybe it was the year before, but I will will will read it this year.

Pop some mistletoe above your door and pucker up xxxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment