Tuesday 18 October 2011

Little Miss Frenchy

Bonjour,

Last week I had the pleasure of indulging in all things French.... And indulged I most certainly did.



I went for a delicious mid week 'Lunch Rapide' with a good friend of mine at Bistro Pierre in Liverpool. Three courses for £8.75... It's just too tempting isn't it?

The bistro is located in the heart of Liverpool and with its warm and welcoming atmosphere, walls lined with French art and candles melting away in French wine bottles, it's a little piece of French paradise that you just have to sample.

Whilst perusing the menu I sipped on a glass of lightly chilled French Rose wine and nibbled on warm French bread smothered in Lescure French butter... Mmm.

For Entree I had the Soupe du Jour 'Homemade roast red pepper & sweet chilli soup served with a garlic croutons'.

For Main I had 'Linguine Pasta Tossed with chicken, sunblushed tomatoes & spinach in a hazelnut & pesto sauce, served with a toasted garlic croĆ»te & parmesan shavings'.

And finally for Dessert I had 'Creme Brulee'.

One word - Delicious! Or should I say 'Delicieux!'


http://www.bistropierre.com/bp0611.swf

After my afternoon of French indulgence I met my Sisters for an evening a Parisian magic...


We went to the the independent Picturehouse at FACT in Liverpool city centre to see Woody Allen's latest film 'Midnight in Paris'.

'This is a romantic comedy set in Paris about a family that goes there because of business, and two young people who are engaged to be married in the fall have experiences there that change their lives. It's about a young man's great love for a city, Paris, and the illusion people have that a life different from theirs would be much better. It stars Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard, Kathy Bates, and Carla Bruni among others.'

The young man 'Gill' is a writer who wants to live in Paris, but not just any old Paris, Paris in the 1920's, Paris in the 1920's in the rain. The film is magical, funny and smart, it takes you on a wonderful journey of self discovery, hope and love. Who wouldn't want to spend the evening with artistic greats like Hemingway, Picasso, Dali and F.Scott Fitzgerald?

Intrigued? Go and see it if you can, it is... uh how can I say? C'est Magnifique!




http://sonyclassics.com/midnightinparis/home.html
http://www.fact.co.uk/

Au Revoir

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment